Meditation How to
If you want to start the positive habit of meditating then here are some tips to help you get started:
- Your place of meditation: Decide where you will practice meditation as it should ideally be the same place routinely. This place should be somewhere you can be in private and not be disturbed.
- Make sure the room is not to warm or too cold. Switch off your phone and sit comfortably.
- Begin by taking a couple of deep breaths, then start to breath slowly and focus on your breath.
- If you find that thoughts come into your mind, don’t worry about it, let them drift away.
- Start with a 5 minute meditation approximately and gradually build to a 10 minute meditation.
Guided Meditation Downloads and CDs
We have a selection of guided meditation CDs and downloads which are ideal for beginners and also enjoyable for those more experienced in meditation. It can take time to fully appreciate the benefits of practicing meditation. Often though, the results are actually quite fast for most people. After only a short time of using meditation you may notice that you feel calmer and more peaceful. When beginning to practice meditation you may find quite rapidly that your mind is a little quieter and more tranquil. You may become more relaxed physically. In addition, you may find that you have greater control of your thoughts and are able to banish negative thoughts from your mind much more easily.
The state of hypnosis is similar to a deep meditation, it is an “altered state” and can feel like daydreaming, but you can come out of it if you want to. Most times when someone is in a hypnotic state they choose to stay in it for a time, because it is pleasant. It can feel very different according to the level of trance you are in and if there is a purpose to the hypnosis – i.e. hypnotherapy, then it involves a willingness to follow instruction to achieve a desired goal, a willingness to relax and stay in the state of hypnosis and to listen, even if passively, to the suggestion work.
Meditation how to find the right one for you
Bearing in mind the similarities between hypnosis and meditation, you may want to try one of our free hypnosis downloads to see if it is really for you. In addition you might find using one of our meditation products helpful to maintain the meditative state. It can be difficult to do this when practicing meditation in silence, so a guided meditation can be of great help here. Our basic introduction to meditation and mindfulness is the Achieve Mindfulness CD or MP3 Download which you can find here. Otherwise, feel free to browse all of our products below or enter a keyword in the search box: